9.14.2012

My Dorm!

I've officially been moved into my dorm for 4 weeks today! That seems absolutely crazy to me. I keep calling it "home" in conversation with friends. "Hey! I'll be home around 4 today!" Wait, I forgot. This isn't actually my home, but it certainly feels that way.

When I studied abroad (The Island School), one of the things we focused on as a community was sense of place - meaning knowing, appreciating, and being aware of where you are in the world at that time. The idea surrounding this concept that stuck with me the most was that home is where your toothbrush is. You often hear, home is where the heart is or home is where your mom is or the like. But, for me the toothbrush one rings the most true. I love my home in Michigan, but I've created my own little niche here and this is where I'm living, spending and investing my time, energy, knowledge, and spirit. So, where my toothbrush is, is home.

So as a tribute to my home, I thought I'd show you my dorm! Here are some photos. With my last dorm purchase made today (a butterfly chair from Target) it's officially unofficially done. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment