2.15.2014

Finally Posting After Forever...Sorry, Don't Hate Me

I apologize everyone! My blog keeping has been less than satisfactory as I have not posted in forever. My life has been busy this semester with The Clause, working a new job at the Writing Center, and taking a lot of philosophy and religion classes (this is surprisingly not as bad as it sounds).

Things that are happening in my life & things I'm learning:


1. My boyfriend:
James auditioning for Bay Watch
James Henry Rohwer 

James recently said the day he was featured on the blog would be "the best thing ever." Apparently, he had been reading my blog before we even started dating (stalk me much?). Anyway, James is a huge blessing in my life and he continues to pursue me every day. The majority of our time is spent watching The Walking Dead, making rice crispy treats and eating goat cheese (we're really into that right now). Yesterday James and I spent Valentine's Day together at Seal Beach eating lunchables followed by dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Le Creperie in Long Beach. 

2. Working Girl
I went from working less than eight hours a week last semester to close to 15 to 16 hours a week this semester. Holler, making money at the expense of losing all my free time. Naps are a thing of the past (my mom is probably thankful).

3. Future World Traveller 
It's official everyone, I will be going to New Zealand for three weeks from May 16 to June 6, and then Australia for 11 days from June 6 to 16. All our flights are booked and we just are working on where to stay! I just am so stinking excited, but also trying not to think about it too much! I will be going to New Zealand though APU and will be taking two classes and doing a two-week internship while we are there. Then, five other students from the New Zealand trip and I are traveling to Australia to visit Sydney and Cairns (the Great Barrier Reef area). If you've ever been, tell me what I have to do while I'm there! 

4. Quarter Life Crisis
Valentine's Day at Seal Beach. Photo credit: James Rohwer

I am turning 20 on Tuesday (wait....what?) and am entering into what my sweet friend Crystal calls my quarter life crisis. Let's be serious, I am two decades into my life and I still have no clue what I am doing! I'm still constantly debating my double major/minor status, the last few months have been ridden with internship panic. All I really want to do is nap and work for Pinterest. So what's a girl to do? 

For one, I have learned that my faith needed some major reevaluation. Who am I to think I can have it all figured out? Jesus trusted God to the point of death, and I realized I didn't even trust him to deliver an internship before I graduated senior year (yes, I now realize that's not for two more years). I learned I have to trust that God will deliver me to where I'm supposed to be. In the words of a previous blog, I need to lean in and let God move. 

However, that doesn't mean sitting around and waiting. In pursuit of a heart that reflects Christ and a life that honors Him, I have to continue to intentionally pursue Him and pursue opportunities that He is laying out to me. This last month I have learned what an intimate relationship with Christ should look like, and how I should be moving toward that.* I need to be intentionally seeking Him in my life instead of waiting for Him to show up. 

More than that, I am learning that God is present and powerful. Even in a season of constant confusion, and in a season of a hard kick in the butt via this thing called reality and growing up, God is moving in my life and moving in the world. He is teaching me things, keeping me humble and providing for me in every season, not just the ones that I think I have things all figured out. 

Thanks for reading! Love, Hunter

*Future blog to come on my thoughts about Captivating by John and Stasi Eldridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment