3.19.2013

On The Air Waves

As many of you know, I am a journalism major and have wanted to be one for as long as I can remember. In high school, I got to work with broadcast media and print journalism and really loved both of those, but I'm now learning a new medium: radio broadcasting! Look out world, I'm on the air.

Along with two of my friends here at school, Becky Kay and Katie Brown, I wanted to try out a radio show that would count towards my print journalism class here at APU. So, we pitched the idea to our advisor and lo and behold, she let us on the air. Three freshmen, with no experience, then pulled together.

We had our first radio show Tuesday, March 12 and we just finished our second about at hour and a half ago. We are loving it so far!

You can listen in on Tuesdays from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific Time (except for next week when we'll be on spring break) at www.kapuradio.com/listenlive.

No comments:

Post a Comment